The volunteer program is aimed to promoting cultural exchange, mutual practices of growth and learning, creating attitudes and programs compatible with the environment, and promoting equitable social and legal environments that contribute to achieving health and sustainable development. The support that each volunteer provides to our Foundation becomes the engine of life for the programs.
Foreign students, professionals and members of international cooperation agencies, which have no connection with the tobacco industry.
Housing and meals:
The participant will live with other volunteers in a mini apartment with a bedroom, a bathroom and a kitchen. The apartment has availability for up to four people in bunk beds, is located near the foundation in a tourist and commercial place in the north of Quito.
There is a variety of shopping malls, restaurants and cafes nearby where volunteers can go.
Volunteers work from Monday to Thursday on the chosen activities or other assignments. They have the weekend off (in case we require them to work on a given weekend, they will have an extra day off during the week) to do any activity in the city or to visit other touristic places nearby such as Otavalo, Mindo, Papallacta, Cotopaxi National Park, Baños and other beautiful places in Ecuador.
The middle of the world (http://www.mitaddelmundo.com)
Parque Nacional Cotopaxi (www.enjoyecuador.net/espanol/…/cotopaxi_es.shtml)
Prices per month:
|Housing||Average price for meals|
|$ 150||$ 180 ( for 3 meals)|
The average price for meals is referential, with a daily expense of USD 6, but the volunteer decides how much he or she wants to expend depending on the chosen place to eat. There are many options near the Foundation and the apartment for volunteers to eat, like restaurants, cafeterias, supermarkets, etc., the volunteer will be able to warm food in the mini department as well.
The activities carried out by volunteers for the duration of their stay will be developed based on FESAR’s three action lines: Tuberculosis Control, Tobacco Control and Environmental Health.
• Collaboration on current projects.
• Carry out research and community work in the area of tuberculosis.
• Direct work with TB patients organization (depending on the preparation of the volunteer).
• Other activities: participation in mobilizations, designing promotional material for campaigns such as flyers, posters, etc.
• Support in training and socialization campaigns.
• Collaboration on current projects with the Anti Tobacco Alliance- Ecuador (www.alianzaantitabaco-ecuador.org), (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/Alianza-Ecuatoriana-Antitabaquica-AELAT/82126516072?ref=ts)
• Activities: participation in mobilizations, design and implementation of promotional material for campaigns such as flyers, posters, stories, etc.
• Political and media advocacy.
• Support in campaigns and training workshops for children and youth in schools.
• Conduct research and monitoring
•Air Quality Monitoring
•Translations and technical document production
• To develop research, programs and projects to improve air quality and environmental health
• Contacting other institutions to develop such projects.
• Environmental education for children and young people (about pollution in closed spaces).
• Air quality monitoring
The activities will be designated according to the needs of the foundation and the skills and interests of the volunteer.
Responsibilities and duties:
• Respect for the time and space of others.
• Maintain a polite, friendly, professional and respectful relationship with the FESAR staff, volunteers and visitors.
• In case of a trip outside the city, the volunteers must clarify when they plan to leave and return to their apartment.
• Be respectful to the others.
• Drug use and alcohol abuse is not allowed (We clearly include tobacco among the drugs).
• Keep the bedroom and bathroom clean; make a rotating schedule with the other volunteers.
The volunteer should have a valid passport. No visa is required for a three month (90 day) stay (ask for longer stays).
The volunteer is responsible to buy air tickets and to make travel arrangements. Volunteers can be picked up from Quito International Airport by someone from FESAR staff, please confirm the date of arrival with the Volunteers Coordinator.
The application form must be signed and returned by mail or fax once there is an agreement between FESAR and the volunteer.
Please send us an e-mail to email@example.com, and we will send you the application form
Important: You cannot volunteer in FESAR if you smoke any kind of tobacco and / or have any relationship with the tobacco industry.